G. MAHENDER REDDYASSISTANT PROFESSOR
- EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION
- Ph D Indira Gandhi National Tribal University, Madhya Pradesh, India. Dissertation thesis in the area of “Responsible and Sustainable Tourism”. January, 2015-Persuing.
- M.B.A. National Institute of Tourism and Hospitality Management (Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University), Hyderabad, Tourism Management, 2010.
- B Sc. Osmania University, Hyderabad, Life Science, 2007.
- ACADEMIC AFFILIATION
- Assistant Professor, Tourism, National Institute of Tourism and Hospitality Management, Hyderabad, (July 2014 –Present). Teaching tourism subjects for Maters and Bachelor Degree students.
- European Union Erasmus Teaching Visit, Faculty of Society and Sciences, Vidzeme University of Applied Sciences, Latvia (2016). Teaching tourism and its allied subjects for Maters and Bachelor Degree students.
- Teaching Associate, Training and Consultancy in Tourism, National Institute of Tourism and Hospitality Management, Hyderabad, (May 2013-June 2014). Training and research activities and Occasional teaching.
- Guest Faculty, National Institute of Tourism and Hospitality Management, Hyderabad (October 2012 to April 2013) teaching topics on Tourism and its allied areas for the MBA, BBA and several training programs.
- Guest Faculty: National Institute for Small and Medium Enterprises (ni-msme), Hyderabad, University of Hyderabad, PS Telugu University, Hyderabad, Little Flower Degree College, Hyderabad, etc., (2011-to Present)
- Project Assistant, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad for the project “From Dargha to Patancheru -Documentation of Tangible and Intangible Heritage in the Environs of the University of Hyderabad”, which is a University Grants Commission, New Delhi sponsored under Universities for Potential of Excellence –Extension of Phase II Project located at the University of Hyderabad(July 2012 to May 2013). Documentation of Tangible and Intangible Heritage.
|· PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATION
· Liaison Officer, Andhra Pradesh Tourism Development Corporation, Govt. of Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad, (March to April 2013), for 25TH CSA/CAP JOINT MEETING &UNWTO Conference on Sustainable Tourism Development, organized by WNWTO & Ministry of Tourism Government of India and Government of Andhra Pradesh.
· Consultant and Managing Partner, Paryatan Vibhav, Hyderabad, (January 2011 to March 2012) Consulting, Tour Operations and Event Management Activities.
· Tourism Consultant, Heritage Conservation Initiative Consultants (HCIC), Hyderabad (February-2010 to August 2011). Heritage Tourism planning and management.
· Alternative forms of tourism-Sustainable and Responsible Tourism, Heritage Tourism Management, Tourism policy and planning.
· AREA OF RESEARCH
· Alternative forms of tourism, Heritage Tourism
· CURRENT RESEARCH
|· Sustainable and responsible tourism, wildlife tourism.|
- Ravishankar Landu & Mahender Reddy, G (2016). Accommodation Booking Attributes of selected Tourism Websites: A Comparative Study, Asia Pacific Journal of Marketing & Management Review APJMMR, Vol.5 (12), December (2016), pp. 1-9, (ISSN 2319-2836)
- Mahender Reddy, G (2016). Tourism as a Tool for Sustainable Development of Chenchu Tribes of Telangana. Recent Researches on the Tribes of Central India (Ed), Byomakesh Tripathy & Basanta Kumar Mohanta, Aaayu Publishers, New Delhi, ISBN. 978-93-85161-18-6, pp. 463-471
- Mahender Reddy, G (2014). Role of NGOs in Sustainable Development and Nature Conservation: A Case Study on Society to Save Rocks, Hyderabad. Journal of Aquatic Biology and Fisheries, Tiruvananthapuram, Kerala Vol. 2, pp. 313-319, (ISSN; 2321-340X)
- Sandeep Dey & Mahender Reddy, G (2014). Environmental N.G.O’S: Inspecting the Key Roles and Influences on Sustainable Development. Journal of Aquatic Biology and Fisheries, Tiruvananthapuram, Kerala Vol. 2, pp. 580-588.
- Bethapudi, Anand & Mahender Reddy, G (2014). Innovations in the Indian Hospitality Industry. (Ed), Ramana Prasd, Rao & G.V.Kesava Rao, The Associate Publishers, Ambala, ISBN 978-81-8429-107-0, pp. 286-297.
- Mahender Reddy, G & Vikrant Kaushal (2014). Tourism and Disaster in Uttarakhand: Lessons from Review of Previous Studies Published. (Ed), K. Vijay Babu & Jaya Prakash Narayana. Zenon Academic, Hyderabad, ISBN. 970-81-926819-7-9
- Mahender Reddy, G (2014). Rural Tourism Development Programme of Ministry of Tourism Government of India and Their Effectiveness -An Assessment: A Case Study on Pochampally Rural Tourism. (Ed), Pranab Kumar Chattopadhyay, New Delhi Publishers, New Delhi, ISBN. 978-93-81274-54-5, pp. 188-201
- TEACHING MATERIAL
- Mahender Reddy (2016) Content writer for several modules on Cultural Tourism in India, Master Course on Indian Culture. E-PG Pathshala, University Grant Commission, New Delhi, (An MHRD Project under NME-ICT)
- NVS Ravi Kumar, D.R. Shyam Sunder, G.Mahender Reddy & Shailesh Shika (2013) Author: Guide services, P. G. Diploma in Culture and Heritage Tourism, published by Dr. B. R. Ambedkar Open University, Hyderabad, 2013
- Mahender Reddy. G & Neeraj Gohil, (2013) Author: A Text book on Tourism profile of Andhra Pradesh, vocational course, State Institute of Vocational Education, Andhra Pradesh.
- Neeraj Gohil, Mahender Reddy. G (2013) Editor: A Text book on Tourism Travel agency and Tour operational Management, vocational course, State Institute of Vocational Education, Andhra Pradesh.
- BOOKS PUBLISHED
- Mahender Reddy. G (2012). Assistant Editor: Hand Book for Archeological Guides, published by National Institute of Tourism and Hospitality management, Hyderabad, September 2012
- Mahender Reddy. G & Dr. E Sivanagi Reddy (2013). Forms of Tourism, published by National Institute of Tourism and Hospitality Management, Hyderabad, September 2013
- Reddy has been involved in several Archaeology, Museums and Heritage Tourism related projects.
- Conducted several training programs on tour guiding, tourism awareness, heritage conservation and management, etc.,
6) AWARDS & HONORS
- Received European Union Erasmus+ Teaching Mobility Grant for the International Teaching Week, organised by the Vidzeme University of Applied Sciences, Latvia (2016).
- We-School Innovation Award for Institute Level with Silver Medal at 26th AIMS Annual Management Education Convention, Pune. August 21, 2014.