MICHELLE J. FRANCISSr. Asst. Professor
Sr. Asst. Professor (Training & Consultancy) + Placement Officer
Masters: 1994 1995
MA in Public Personal Management Correspondence from Osmania University, Hyderabad
Specialization: Public Personal Management
PG Diploma in Travel & Tourism Management from Kuoni Academy, Hyderabad 2008 2009
Bachelor: 1990 1993
Bachelor of Arts from Wesley Degree College for Women, Osmania University, Hyderabad
Specialization: History – Political Science and Public Administration
Diploma in International Airline and Travel & Management with double honors from Trade Wings Institute of Management, Hyderabad
National Institute of Tourism & Hospitality Management, Hyderabad
Sr. Asst. Professor (Training & Consultancy) + Placement Officer. Sep 2010 – Till date
National Institute of Tourism & Hospitality Management (NITHM) was jointly established by Ministry of Tourism, Govt. of India and Tourism Department, Government of Telanga to impart sector specific education in Tourism & Hospitality. The unique Hospitality, Tourism & Travel management programs at NITHM provides the students a competitive edge in the hospitality & tourism Industry employment.
● Conducts classes of Communication Skills & Business etiquette for MBA’s, BBA’s and B.Sc students.
● Subject Teaching on Travel & Tourism, Ticketing and Navigation of the Central Reservation Systems (CRS). GDS System Amadeus Mundus. The other subjects handled are Tourism Geography and Management of Events.
● Independently handles the Industrial Exposure Trainings (Internships) and the placement activities for
The MBA’s, BBA’s and B.Sc students of NITHM.
● Coordinator for various training programs and workshops conducted at NITHM.
● Coordinating for Tie ups or Mutual Agreements with various companies for Internships and Placements.
● Takes charge of the campus placements, visiting faculties, arranging the guest lecturers, external examiners and students volunteer activity for various events out of campus etc.
● Students career counseling activity as a class teacher and placement officer.
● Handles the Public Relation activities of the institute.
Kuoni Academy, Hyderabad
Designation : Center Head Oct 2005 – Aug 2010
Kuoni Academy is subsidiary of Kuoni Travel Group which is one of the world’s leading globallyactive leisure travel organizations and India’s largest travel & Tourism Company. This academy is a knowledge institute, professionally developing and training students to serve in the Travel & Tourism Industry.
Administered the daytoday operational aspects of the Center, Participated in sales activities for the Center. Handled the revenue generation of the center, Independent handled student enrollment and placements and also supervised these activities conducted by staff., Performed presentations and campaigns at colleges and corporate house to promote the Academy and enroll students & Conducted training programs on travel & tourism, ticketing and navigation of the Central Reservation Systems (CRS) to Students and Industry.
Galileo India Pvt.Ltd.
Designation: Senior Trainer May 2003 October 2005
A leading CRS company that deals with travel technology and software development. InterGlobe Technology Quotient and Galileo has network over 500 cities with 23 dedicated offices InterGlobe Technology Quotient reaches out to over 12,000 agency locations.
Conducted Trainings independently on the Central Reservation Systems (CRS) Level I to V from the Basic to the Advanced Trainings for clients who are the Travel Agents, Tourism Schools and Corporate Organisations.
AREA OF RESEARCH : NIL
CURRENT RESEARCH : NIL
PEER-REVIEWED JOURNAL PUBLICATIONS : 8
Interview with the CEO, in the EARTH NITHM Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Management Vol. I, Issue.2, Jul Dec 2011 under ISSN 22316213 Earth.
Public Relations a Measuring Tool for the Tourism Industry, in the AIMS Innovative Management Education for Sustainable Development papers presented at the 24th AIMS Annual Management Education Convention 2012. under ISBN: 9789351428893.
Case Study: Kuoni India Pvt. Ltd. in the EARTH NITHM Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Management
Vol. II, Issue 1, Jan Jun 2012 under ISSN 22316213 Earth.
Engagement of Employees for better performance in the Tourism Sector Case Experiences, in the EARTH NITHM Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Management Vol. III, Issue 1, Jan Jun 2013 under ISSN
Management Education Admission Vs. Placement Vs Knowledge Gain: A Study with Reference to the Newly Entrants, in AIMS Rejuvenating Management Education at the 26th AIMS Annual Management Education Convention 2014 under ISBN: 9789351428893.
Credibility Assessment of Promotional Program with Special Reference to Celebrities, in the journal of Hyderabad Business School, GITAM University 2014 under ISBN:9789384935382.
A Catalyst for Strategic Opportunities in the Tourism Sector, in Vol I of Strategic Development Opportunities in Tourism and Hospitality Industry 2015 under ISBN: 9789385506024.
Influence of Relationship between Human Resources & Public Relations division in the Organization on Business Performance with special reference to Tourism Sector Vol.2, No 1 July 2016. AIMS Journal of Management. ISSN 2395-6852.
WORKING PAPERS : 12
Topic: Public Relations A Measuring Tool for the Tourism Industry at the 24th AIMS Annual Management Education Convention held from 25th 27th Aug 2012.
Topic: Human Resources Practices & Challenges in Tourism*Case Experiences at Vikrama Simhapuri University Nellore held from 13th 14th Jul 2013.
Topic: Sustainable Tourism its Challenges Towards Economy & Employment Growth at Rural
Areas*Case Experiences at Central University of Karnataka held on 16th 17th Sep 2013.
Topic: Engagement of Employees for better performance in the Tourism Sector*Case Experiences at National Institute of Tourism & Hospitality Management, Hyderabad held on 25th 26th Oct 2013.
Topic: Credibility Assessment of Promotional Program with Special Reference to Celebrities at Hyderabad Business School, GITAM University held on 25th Jul 2014.
Topic: Social Responsibility in Society*Case study of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Ltd. at Little Flower Degree College, Hyderabad held from 10th 12th Nov 2014.
Topic: Management Education Admission Vs Placement Vs Knowledge Gain *A study with reference of newly entrants at the AIMS Annual Management Conference held from 21st 23rd Aug 2014 at Pune.
Topic: Internal Dynamics of Human Resources Policy for Staff Retention with special references to Tourism Sector*Case Experience at Mahatma Gandhi University, Nalgonda held on 20th Mar 2015.
Topic: Internal Dynamics of Human Resources Policy for Staff Retention with special references to Tourism Sector*Case Experience at Mahatma Gandhi University, Nalgonda held on 26th Mar 2015.
Topic: Public Relations an Innovative Measuring Tool for the Growing Tourism Sector at Kshatriya college of engineering, Nizamabad held on 30h Mar 2015.
Topic: MICE A Catalyst for Strategic Opportunities in the Tourism Sector at the National Institute of Tourism & Hospitality Management along with the Telangana State Tourism Development Corporation held from 23rd 24th Nov 2015.
Topic: The need of Virtual Computerized Reservation System (CSR) - in the Tourism Sector; A Study. National Conference on Tourism Services & Operations in India. Organized by Dept. of Management Studies Mahatma Gandhi University Nalgonda, Telangana State held on 26th Mar.2016.
CASES : NIL
TEACHING NOTES OF CASES : YES
TEACHING MATERIAL : YES
BOOK REVIEW :
● Editor for the NITHM Newsletter Parampara during the years 2012 2014.
● Editor for the Placement Brochures from the year 2011 2015.
● Associate Editor for Vol I. of Strategic Development Opportunities in Tourism and Hospitality
Industry 2015 under ISBN: 9789385506024.
● Editor for Vol.II of of Strategic Development Opportunities in Tourism and Hospitality Industry 2015 under ISBN: 9789385506055.
5) CONSULTING: NIL
6) AWARDS & HONORS:
• Outstanding performance in various Train the Trainer programs 2003 2005.
• Awarded 3rd position in the all India Kuoni *Faculty Development Program in Mar 2008.
• Awarded Distinction *Train the Trainer Programme for the Amadeus Mundus Training 2011.
• Certified Trainer of Galileo India for Level I to V training programs 2003 2005.
• Certificate for Counselor Development Program at Kuoni India 2008.
1. "Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people." – Eleanor Roosevelt
2. "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." -- Thomas Edison
3. "Once you choose hope, anything's possible." -- Christopher