B.Sc. (Hospitality & Hotel Administration)
3 year - B.Sc. HOSPITALITY & HOTEL ADMINISTRATION PROGRAM
(A FULL TIME REGULAR COURSE)
|6 Click here B.Sc. HOSPITALITY & HOTEL ADMINISTRATION PROGRAM APPLICATION FROM
The Bachelor of Science program in Hospitality and Hotel Administration is offered jointly by the National Council for Hotel Management and the Indira Gandhi National Open University. The Three-Year (Six Semester) full time regular course equips students with all the required skills, knowledge and attitude to efficiently discharge supervisory responsibilities in the Hospitality sector. The program also involves in-depth laboratory work for students to acquire required knowledge and skill standards in the operational areas of Food Production, Food & Beverage Service, Front Office Operation and House Keeping. It also provides managerial inputs in Hotel Accountancy, Food Safety & Quality, Human Resource Management, Facility Planning, Financial Management, Strategic Management, Tourism Marketing and Tourism Management.
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION
1. QUALIFYING EXAMINATION:
A pass in 10+2 system of Senior Secondary examination or its equivalent with English as one of the subjects. Candidate must have passed English as a subject of study (core/elective/functional) in the qualifying examination.
Those appearing in 10+2 or equivalent examination can also appear in JEE 2016 on provisional basis. Provisional admission will stand cancelled if proof of having passed the qualifying examination (10+2 or its equivalent) is not submitted at the time of counseling or at the time of admission or latest by 30-09-2016.
The offer of admission is subject to verification of original certificates/documents at the time of admission. If any candidate is found ineligible at a later date even after admission to an Institute, his/her admission will stand cancelled.
QUALIFYING EXAMINATIONS FOR INDIAN STUDENTS
• Plus two level examination in the 10+2 pattern of Senior Secondary education of any recognized Central/State Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education and Council for Indian School Certificate Examination or State Boards of Secondary Education.
• Intermediate or two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
• General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
• High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University.
• Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in a foreign country recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 pattern of Senior Secondary education.
• H.S.C. Vocational Examination.
• Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects including English as one of the Subjects.
2. AGE LIMIT
Age Limit as on 01 July 2016
For candidates from General and OBC categories, upper age limit is 22 years as on 01.07.2016. Candidates born on or after July 01, 1994 are eligible. In the case of Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates, upper age limit is 25 years as on 01.07.2016. That is SC/ST candidates born on or after July 01, 1991 are eligible. Upper age limit for Physically Challenged candidates shall be reckoned as per the category he/she belongs to i.e. General/SC/ST/OBC. Date of birth as recorded in the Secondary Education Board/Pre-University Certificate shall be the authentic proof that will be accepted. At the time of counselling, this certificate must be produced in original as a proof of age, failing which the candidate will not be considered for counselling/admission.
3. PHYSICAL FITNESS
6All qualified candidates will have to submit a physical fitness certificate at the time of admission from a Registered Medical Practitioner in the prescribed format given at APPENDIX -1 which can be downloaded here.
Fee Structure (Dr.YSR NITHM): 3-year B.Sc. (Hospitality & Hotel Administration)
|1st Semester||2nd Semester||3rd Semester||4th Semester||5th Semester||6th Semester|
*Fee is likely to be increased for the Academic Year 2016.
Note: In addition to above institute may collect medical, identity card, student activity fee etc.
Hostel & Dining Charges
|1st Semester||2nd Semester||3rd Semester||4th Semester||5th Semester||6th Semester|
|Lodging Charges for
twin sharing room
|10,000 per annum||10,000 per annum||10,000 per annum|
|Mess Charges to be
paid bi annually
Mess charges are charges @ 3,600/- per month and assuming that each semester duration is for 5 months – in case of staying extra days for each semester; the mess charges are likely to be paid extra.
The mess charges are likely to be increased nominally on an annual basis.
• Q.1: Who is eligible for Counselling?
Ans: Candidate who got All India rank in JEE result is eligible for Counselling.
• Q.2: Where shall I go for Counselling?
Ans: You can do it online through internet from anywhere as this is web based counselling.
• Q.3: Can I get any help of internet facility for Counselling from any IHM?
Ans: Yes, you can approach any of the Govt. IHMs for such facility.
• Q.4: What is MOCK Counselling?
Ans: MOCK Counselling is the process which familiarizes you about online counselling. In the Mock Counselling you can see the probability of seat allotment as per your AIR and choice of Institute.
• Q.5: Whether seat allotted through MOCK Counselling is final?
• Q.6: If I missed to do online registration and choice filling during the given schedule, can I register afterwards during the Counselling?
Ans: Not permitted during the First and Second Round of Counselling, but a candidate can register afresh during Third Round (Spot) of Counselling for allotment of available seat.
• Q.7: Can I register afresh after First Round of Counselling?
• Q.8: In case I am placed in COMPARTMENT in 10+2 result of 2016, can I register for Counselling?
Ans: Yes, however candidate will have to submit an undertaking in the prescribed format at the time of admission stating that he/she will submit passing certificate of 10+2 latest by 30.09.2016 failing which his/her admission will stand cancelled and fees forfeited.
• Q.9: In case my result is not declared by the time of Counselling, can I register for Counselling?
Ans: Yes, however, candidate will have to submit an undertaking in the prescribed format at the time of admission stating that he/she will submit passing certificate of 10+2 latest by 30.09.2016 failing which his/her admission is liable to be cancelled and fees forfeited.
• Q.10: Is All India Rank (AIR) result category wise?
Ans: No. AIR is irrespective of category.
• Q.11: How I can know my category rank?
Ans: Not at this stage as allotment is based on AIR, Choices of Institute and Category.
• Q.12: Why PH/KM are not indicated in the result?
Ans: PH and KM is sub category, hence it would not be shown in the result but during online Counselling, you will be asked to indicate sub category as well.
• Q.13: Is Dyslexia will be considered under PH?
• Q.14: Can General Category be converted to OB, SC, ST Category?
Ans: No, but OB, SC & ST candidates can be converted into General.
• Q.15: Is it compulsory to submit OBC certificate in a prescribed format given in the brochure?
Ans: Yes, however, candidate can submit certificate issued by the competent authority in English/Hindi. The Central list of OBC candidates can be accessed from http://ncbc.nic.in/
• Q.16: Whether non-creamy layer in OBC certificate is compulsory?
• Q.17: Where shall I go after allotment of seat?
Ans: You have to download allotment letter from the internet wherein details will be given.
• Q.18: Is it mandatory for the candidate to report at the given admission centre for deposition of fee and verification of documents?
Ans: Yes it is mandatory. In case candidate is unable to present himself/herself at the admission centre, he/she may authorize in writing his/her parents or brother or sister to deposit fee and verification of documents.
• Q.19: In case I miss the given date of reporting for admission, whether my allotted seat retained or cancelled?
Ans: After seat allotment, reporting for admission at given Admission Centre during specific period is mandatory failing which allotted seat would be cancelled. However, candidate is eligible for Spot Round Counselling afresh.
• Q.20: Where shall I deposit the fee?
Ans: You have to deposit the fee of Rs.44250/- (Rs.43250 + Rs.1000) through single Demand Draft drawn in favour of NCHMCT, payable at Noida or New Delhi at the allotted Admission Center given in the allotment letter.
• Q.21: In case of Hostel allotment, where shall I deposit the Hostel fee?
Ans: You have to deposit Hostel fee at the allotted Institute. Details of hostel fee may be obtained from the allotted IHM.
• Q.22: In case I don’t take admission after deposition of fee, can I get refund?
Ans: Please see ‘Refund of Fee Policy’ given in the website.
• Q.23: How I can know about the fees payable to private Institutes?
Ans: You have to visit website of the respective private Institutes given in this website for details.
• Q.24: Can I change choice of Institutes after First Round of Counselling?
Ans: Yes, you can change choice of Institutes during Second Round of Counselling through internet (online).
• Q.25: Can it be possible for change of allotted IHM after First Round of Counselling?
Ans: You can opt for better choice of Institute during Second Round of Counselling and if you are allotted another Institute during Second Round of Counselling, the earlier allotted seat will automatically be cancelled.
• Q.26: Is migration/transfer of IHM permitted after admission taken?
Ans: No. There will be no transfer/migration permitted during three years duration of the course on any ground.
• Q.27: Is there any paid seat or management quota?
• Q.28: Can I pursue higher studies after doing this Course?
Ans: Yes, you will be awarded a Bachelor Degree by IGNOU like any other Bachelor Degree and shall be eligible for pursuing Post Degree programs.
• Q.29: Where can I get detailed counselling procedure?
Ans: You may access website www.nchmcounselling.nic.in for detailed procedure.
For More Details Contact:
Mr. Chelleswara Rao