Composition of Governing Council
Name & Designation
|Principal Secretary to Govt. (Tourism & Culture),Govt of Telangana|
|Director/Commissioner,DoT, Govt. of Telangana|
|Principal Secretary to Govt, Higher Edn., Govt. of Telangana|
|Managing Director, TSTDC|
|Addl. Director General, Ministry of Tourism, Govt. of India, New Delhi|
|Sri. G. Kishan Rao, IAS (R)|
Representative of Government of India for Rural Tourism Projects
|Director, National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology, New Delhi|
|Director, Indian Institute of Tourism and Travel Management, Gwalior|
|Financial Advisor, Ministry of Tourism, Government of India, New Delhi|
|President, Travel Agents Association of India, Telangana Chapter|
|President, Hotel & Restaurant Association of Telangana|
|Registrar, JNTUH, Kukatpally, Hyderabad|
|Director, National Institute of Tourism & Hospitality Management|
Officers of the Institute
|1||Responsibilities of the Officers of the Institute Chairperson & DG|
|2||Director & Member Secretary|
|3||Principal, School of Hospitality|
|4||Chief Administrative Officer|
|7||Finance Officer I/c and Admin Officer Accounts|
|10||Admin Officer (Establishment)|
Responsibilities of the Officers of the Institute
Chairperson & DG
Chairs all meetings of the General Body and Governing Council and have supervision and control over all the affairs of the Institute, may take such action in case of an emergency as she may think expedient and inform the Governing Council at the next meeting.
Director & Member Secretary
Principal academic and executive officer of the Institute and shall be responsible for the day to day management of its activities and overall academic and administration functioning of the Institute. Discharges responsibilities in accordance with the Rules and Regulations and Byelaws of the Institute and also Member Secretary of Governing Council.
Principal, School of Hospitality
Academic Head of the School of Hospitality. Responsible to implement all decisions of the Governing Council / Chairperson / Director pertaining to the School of Hospitality. Monitors conduct of classes/examinations/declaration of results of School of Hospitality. Liaisoning with NCHMCT.
Chief Administrative Officer
Looks after the overall administration, responsible for the proper maintenance of records of the Institute. Attests and executes the documents on behalf of the Institute. Responsible for the satisfactory functioning of finance, accounts, audit, communications, administration, security system, transport, MIS, Public Relations and other general facilities of the Institute;
Responsible for conduct of class room sessions, student grooming, discipline, student attendance monitoring.
Student counseling and looking after the Placements of the students and interaction with industry personnel. Responsible for preparation of placement brochure.
Finance Officer I/c and Admin Officer (Accounts)
The Financial operations of the institute and financial information & monitoring financial records
Assisting the Director and the CAO in academic and administrative functioning of the Institute.
Responsible for Maintenance and Engineering activities of the Institute. Shall supervise all outsourcing activities of the Institute
Administrative Officer (Establishment)
Responsible for processing files of Establishment and Administrations maters
To supervise and co‑ordinate the functioning of day to day library activities, under the guidance of the Director & Chairman Library committee.
National Institute of Tourism & Hospitality Management (NITHM) is a sector-specific management institute, established by Government of India (Ministry of Tourism) and Government of Andhra Pradesh (A.P. Tourism), to meet the increasing demand for quality professionals, at different levels, in the Tourism and related services sector.
NITHM, established in 2004, is located on a picturesque landscape with heritage rock architecture and a natural 3.0 acres lake spread over an area of over 26 Acres near Hyderabad Central University adjacent to Hi-Tec City. (Telecomnagar, Gachibowli Village, Serilingampalli Mandal, R.R. District). The institute has been registered as an autonomous educational society in September 2001.
- VISION: To make the world a better place to be by enhancing the quality of Management, Tourism and Hospitality through HRD and implementable solutions and, thereby, making NITHM as the ultimate benchmark.
- MISSION: To provide Education, Training, Research and Consultancy for continuous improvement in relevance and quality of Tourism and Hospitality and, through their interfaces, in all sectors and all facets of human endeavour.
- To Educate for Undergraduate, Post Graduate and Doctoral Degrees
- To Train and Develop for improved perception and performance
- To Research for knowledge-creation and usage
- To Consult for ideas and suggestions for betterment
- To provide skills, knowledge and wisdom in the areas of tourism, travel, hospitality and allied / related areas;
- To assimilate academic content at multi-, inter- and trans-disciplinary levels;
- To evolve highly innovative content through degrees, diplomas and certificate level programs;
- To address the existing and emerging areas of interest such as rural / ethnic / tribal / heritage / culture / health tourism;
- To be a role mode for all other institutes of tourism and hospitality in India in the areas of planning, formulating and application of innovative pedagogical methodologies;
- To be a ‘centre of excellence’ in tourism and hospitality management by contributing to the higher-growth sector for the overall benefit of the economy and society at large.
- To provide Quality and Relevance
- To reduce adjustment time
- To understand and resolve issues
- To instill Knowledge-Skill-Attitude-Value interface
- It will get to know the end-users
- It will treat the end-users’ interest as paramount
- It will select its stakeholders (Faculty, Students, others) with care
- It will initiate and participate in socially responsive activities
- It will constantly try to improve itself
- It will make everyone proud to be associated with NITHM
Post-Graduate, Bachelor, Diploma and Certificate programs:
|2-Year Master of Business Administration: MBA (Tourism & Hospitality Management)||Tourism and Hospitality Management|
|2-year Post Graduate Diploma in Management (approved by AICTE)||Tourism Management|
|4-Year Bachelor of Business Administration: BBA (Tourism & Hospitality Management)||Tourism and Hospitality Management|
|3-year BSc (HHA)||Hotel and Hospitality Administration|
|And Training and Short-term Certificate programs in||Tourism and Hospitality|
NITHM is administered by Chairman, NITHM, supported by its Governing Council oversees the superintendence of the institute.
NITHM has entered into Memoranda of Understanding (MOU) with:
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU), Hyderabad, which is approved by UGC / AICTE for academic faculties
- Catering Services: Cafeteria at NITHM is established, managed and run by the service provider;
- Event Services: Students of NITHM are deputed to be part of industry-related activities such as servicing and participating, paid-volunteers, in major events such as International Conference on Magnetic Resonance and Biological Sciences; Annual Meet of Association of Catering Professionals; National Convention by All India Management Association; Asian Development Bank AGM; Pravasi Bharatiya Divas; Indian Science Congress, etc.
- Students are encouraged to be part of curricular events such as seminars, conferences, workshops etc. and extra-curricular activities such as exchange programs, cultural events and competitions.
- Information on the institute and the program are dispersed through institute website www.nithm.ac.in and are personalized through individual emails and telephone services;
- Students are allotted faculty Mentors for assistance
- Separate Hostels for boys and girls are provided for outstation students. R.O water is being provided in hostels and in the Dining Area. Solar panels are installed to provide hot water to students.
- Medical Insurance with hospitalization coverage.
- Life Insurance for the student
- 3.0 Acres of play area for outdoor games (Cricket, Foot Ball, Volley Ball, Lawn Tennis, Basketball etc.).
- Indoor spaces for Table Tennis, Chess, Carroms etc.
- A reading room is provided in each of the hostels;
- Newspapers, Magazines, Journals are provided to students;
- An Internet Café is functional in each of the hostels;
- Television with cable connection is provided.
- First Aid Centre is provided with Doctor-on-Call.
- Gymnasium with instructor is in place
Library (RFID Technology based) facilities
A modern state-of-the-art information centre with internet, audio-visual, multi-media and reprographic facilities in 5,000 sft built-up area is in place. The Library is fully equipped with 6601 volumes; 5532 titles; 81 periodicals; 2 online journals (EBESCO and J-Gate); 312 non-book material.
NITHM has initiated e-mode of library through membership with DELNET for access of over 33 Lakhs bibliographic records; 24,000 listed periodicals; 5.9 Lakhs periodical articles; 2,281 CDROM records; 5000 video listings; 748 Sound Recordings; over 44000 theses and dissertation database; 2000 records on Indian Specialists and over 70 Newspaper lists and is cataloging library resources through Libsys software. The library is open in ‘TWO’ shifts of 8.0 Hrs each. The access to the e-version is 24 Hrs.
- A dedicated Placement Officer is in place. All the students of NITHM are provided with assistance for Internships during the last semester of programs;
- Project during holidays are also encouraged for first-hand experience of the industry;
Dr S Chinnam Reddy
Director & Member Secretary
Gachibowli, Hyderabad – 500 032
Public Information Officer
Chief Administrative Officer
Gachibowli, Hyderabad – 500 032